Monday, March 31, 2008

I shouldn't be doing this.

I'm supposed to be cleaning my house right now, but I thought I would drop a little note to try to get some things down. My boss sent me an email last night in response to the one I sent her telling her I was done. She seems surprised that I would feel that way, blah blah blah. I feel guilty now, but at the same time, still upset. She says she wanted to hear it from me that I was leaving and what was going on, but yet she never called me. She says Judy was making things up and why did I listen to her when I know she makes things up. Well, unless she's psychic, she didn't make it up that Buffi told her I was leaving, because how else would she know? And since Buffi wasn't calling me herself to talk about something I think SHOULD be pretty important, I could only go by what Judy said. I would never have believed half of what she was telling me if Buffi had only called to talk to me herself. If Buffi knows, (and she does, because she told me) that Judy is nuts and makes things up, then why would she rely on her to find out about my quitting and pass things on to me? Why is Judy getting a pass on every stupid thing she does, and I get left in the dark? I'll tell you why, it's because Judy doesn't have kids, and she'll come in whenever Buffi says. She'll grumble and cry and threaten to quit, but she still does. I come in all the time too, but I have refused several times to come in on nights and weekends. The thing of it is, is that even if I didn't have kids, or I always had a babysitter, what makes her think that I always have nothing better to do? I don't make enough at that job to justify being on call. Or to be the manager. Buffi always says she doesn't want another manager besides just her. But she won't BE the manager. She doesn't like it, and she makes everyone else do it. Someone has to be the manager. Someone has to be on call, and make the schedule, and if it's not going to be her then she needs to buck up and hire someone else to do it for her. I shouldn't have been enabling her as much as I was, but I was always kind of hoping in the back of my mind that she'd see what I was doing and make it official. That's not going to happen, and I'm not going to wait around any longer. She thinks I owe her because I got two weeks off for my surgery in January. Funny, I got one day off for my surgery in March, and that was the day OF the surgery. I worked the next 6 days in a row! It's ludicrous and I'm done.

I'm going over there to talk to her today, and my mom wants me to work out the week, but I don't know. I don't want to burn any bridges, but the thought of going back there makes me physically ill.

No comments: