Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Proverbial Wire

We're in the final countdown now--the paperwork is all signed with the new tenant, services are canceled, we're eating off paper and plastic, and the end is in sight. It's kind of disgusting how much stuff I have in the kitchen alone. My mom saved up all her newspapers for days and I went through them in just a few cabinets.

I found a cool thing though, well I guess I didn't FIND it so much as decide to trust in a commercial. I took the glass castle that was on my wedding cake over to the UPS store to have them pack it for me. It took about 10 minutes and less than $10 and now I don't have to "worry 'bout a thing." But the real test will be unpacking it in Ohio and seeing how good a job they really did.

And now on top of packing and saying goodbye and all that, now I also have to type up a statement for a deposition. Fun stuff. My former boss is being sued by a former employee of hers who is lying through her teeth about everything including me and my actions. Buffi should have fired her long before this ever happened.

But enough of this nonsense--I have so much crap to do today. It's my goal to have everything packed by tonight, and even though I know that's not going to happen I'm going to do the best I can to alleviate stress at the end of the week.

No comments: