Friday, September 14, 2012

Been a while

So I was looking on my mom's blog, and the link to my blog said my last post was 5 months old.  This was a wake up call for a few reasons, obviously I hadn't realized it had been that long since I had written anything, but mainly I hadn't realized it had been that long since I had written about my stupid disease.  That post was about trying to come to terms with my Hemiplegic Migraines.  I had hoped that 5 months after writing that some more progress would have been made, but I'm not too far ahead.

Since then (March 31), I have been in the hospital, seen two neurologists, been diagnosed with an extra neurological condition (with similar symptoms and might possibly progress to the point of needing brain surgery but for now is mostly benign so, um, yay?), and put a few different medicines, one of which has helped me to lose 20 pounds (DEFINITELY YAY), and I still struggle to get through the week.

On the other hand even though I had to stay off the stage myself, I was still able to do some theatrical work this summer, and I designed the set for Evolution Theater Company's production of The Illusion.  You can see pictures here.  Go look at them, I'm pretty proud of it, and the production was beyond amazing.


No comments: